St. James offers many programs to meet the needs of children ranging in age from 12 months - 6 years old. Programs are offered 5 days/week. Parents may choose as many days as needed for their child.
- Baby and Me: Tuesday and Thursday 11a.m-12:00. Designed for children ages 12 months- 3 years. Allows child to interact and socialize with adults and peers. Activities include: singing dancing, large motor play, art and craft projects.
- Fun with Tots: Mon.-Fri. 9-11:30am. Must be at least 18 months. Can choose to attend as many days as desired. Class dedicated to a 'learning through play' model. 3 teachers with a maximum of 12 children per day. Activities include: large motor play, free play, singing, and craft project.
- 3-Year-Old Preschool: Mon.-Fri. 9a.m.-11:30a.m. For children ready for independent learning. Curriculum designed to include core areas of development. Activities include: circle time, story time, large and fine motor skills, music, dramatic play, small and large group activities.
- 4-Year-Old Preschool: Mon.-Fri. 9am-11:30a.m. Program promotes learning socialization and self-esteem. Activities include: games, crafts, large and small motor skills, dramatic play, story time, circle time, language & literature, social studies, pre-reading, pre-math, scientific thinking and free choice play.
- Extended day for 3 & 4 Year Olds: 9a.m.-2p.m. Must be enrolled in 3 or 4 Year-Old Preschool. Enrichment with specially planned small group activities: French, cooking, math, science, games, creative art, alphabet letter writing and picture journals.
- Kindergarten Readiness: Mon-Fri. 9am-2pm. Designed for 4 and 5 year olds who are eligable for Kindergarten the following year. Small group activities include: concepts in math, science, Spanish, phonics and pre-reading, letter writing and language arts.